Using state-of-the-art NIR (near infrared) technology, the Mango Quality Meter precisely and Non-Destructively measures dry matter and Brix, the mango’s key quality and ripeness indicators.
This enables growers to accurately predict crop harvest dates, reduce guesswork and minimize spoilage, while increasing harvest predictability. Trusted by thousands of universities, research institutes and commercial producers worldwide, Felix Instruments now brings the power and utility of NIR technology to the mango industry
Data collected with the F-751 Mango meter can be seamlessly transferred to a computer or uploaded to the Fruitmaps cloud using a Wi-Fi connection. Fruitmaps® is a revolutionary crop mapping software,that gives mango growers the power to forecast harvest timing more accurately than ever before and allows you to monitor your orchards in real time from anywhere in the world!
- Remove guesswork and accurately predict crop harvest dates
- Reduce waste and cut crop spoilage
- Sunlight visible LCD display with a back-light
- Easy, out-of-the-box operation
- Measurement: Dry matter & Brix
- PC Interface: Wi-Fi
- Raw data
- 1st and 2nd derivatives
- Date and Time
- Range: 640-1050 nm
- Spectral Resolution: 20 nm (FWHM) maximum
- Light Source: Halogen Tungsten Lamp
- Power: 3,400 mah lithium-ion batteries (removable)
- Battery Life: 500+ measurements
- Dimensions: 7.1" x 4.75"W, 1.75" thick
- Weight: 1.05 kg
- Light-weight, portable, and field-ready
- Fast and consistent—scans take 4-6 seconds per sample
- Non-destructive measurements
- GPS for easy crop mapping
- Transflective display for outdoor viewing
- Rechargeable/replaceable batteries that last all day
- Wi-Fi capabilities
- Created specifically for Avocados!
|Spectral Sample Size:||2.3 nm|
|Spectral Resolution:||20 nm (FWHM) maximum|
|Light Source:||Halogen Tungsten Lamp with gold reflector|
|Lens:||Fused silica coated to enhance NIR|
|Shutter:||White painted reference standard|
|Display:||Sunlight visible transflective LCD screen with backlight|
|Data Recorded:||Raw data, reflectance, absorbance, first derivative second derivative, GPS coordinates, Date, Time|
|Power Source:||Removable 3400 milliamp hour lithium-ion batteries|
|Battery Life:||500+ measurements|
|Body:||Heavy-duty powder coated aluminum body|
|Dimensions:||7.1" x 4.75"W, 1.75" thick|
*Where DM units are % dry matter. Calculated at 23% dry matter, 4 scans per avocado.
** Also calculated at 23% dry matter, 4 scans per avocado and average DM taken on lots of 5 avocados.