The F-750 Produce Quality Meter uses near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy to estimate quality metrics such as dry matter, Total Soluble Solids (TSS or brix), titratable acidity, and color. Working like a high-powered flashlight, the F-750 sends particles of light into a commodity, then measures the NIR light interactance with molecular components inside of the commodity to quantify user-selected traits.
The F-750 has a wide range of applications, from determining optimal harvest timing by assessing fruit maturity, to providing an objective analysis of produce quality of fruit in packing houses and upon import.
The F-750 is a handheld, fully integrated system, allowing users to operate it out in the orchard or inside the QA lab. Its simple, intuitive user interface makes it easy for anyone to use, while its model building software makes it customizable and versatile.
- Non-destructive estimation of fruit maturity and sweetness using tested algorithms
- Links orchard temperature, and the effect of tree canopy management, with fruit quality
- Transflective display is easily viewable outdoors
- GPS for easy crop mapping
- Sensor Type: Near Infra-Red Enhanced Spectrometer
- Wavelength Range: 400-1050nm
- Spectral Sampling: 3nm
- Spectral Resolution: 8-13nm
- Typical RMSEP: ± 0.5 Brix
- Battery Life: > 1600 Samples
- PC Interface: USB and SD card
- Data Modes: Raw data, Absorbance, Second derivative
- Operating Modes: Single prediction or Running average
- Temperature Range: 0 - 50 °C