In Stock and Available to Ship Today!
This non-contact, Infrared Forehead Thermometer was designed to quickly and easily measure body or surface temperatures.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that businesses screen employees’ temperatures daily using a non-contact thermometer. Quick checks for elevated skin temperature can prove to be a significant tool in reducing the spread of viruses and cross-infection, as fevers are one of the most common indicators of illness and overall health.
Note: This thermometer is intended for quick and easy monitoring of elevated skin temperatures. It is not a substitute for a clinical or medical thermometer. Always use medically approved thermometers when high accuracy, body temperature measurements are required.
- Color LED display
- Select readings in either °F or °C
- Data hold
- High sensitivity ensures stable performance and accuracy
- Audible, fever alarm
- Buzzer alarm can be deactivated
- Adjustable brightness and backlight
- MIN, MAX & AVG values
- Low battery indicator and automatic shutdown after 20 secs.
- Selectable human body or object modes
- Temperature offset correction
- Range 32.0°C to 42.9°C (89.6°F to 109.2°F)
- Color Zone Display:
- White (stand-by): below 35.0°C (95.0°F)
- Green (normal): 35.1°C to 37.3°C (95.18°F to 99.14°F)
- Yellow (caution): 37.4°C to 38.0°C (99.32°F to 100.4°F)
- Orange (high): 38.1°C to 39.0°C (100.58°F to 102.2°F)
- Red (severe): 40.0°C (104.0°F)
- Accuracy: ±0.2°C (±0.36°F)
Note: It is normal to have slight variations in temperatures, when measuring different parts of the body and this thermometer has a Temperature Offset Correction function to adjust for the difference between internal and external body temperatures.
We recommend starting with the offset value at 1.8°F
This correction feature lets users decide how much to adjust readings in order to create a correlation with internal temperatures. The adjustment value is based on where measurements are taken (ear, forehead, etc.), as well as environmental conditions. Essentially, the offset makes it quicker and simpler for the user, as the values they see will be closer to normal results (i.e. 98.6°F).
Normally, forehead temperatures are estimated to be 1.1°F lower than internal temperatures. This assumes that the individual is an otherwise healthy, non-fasting adult that is dressed comfortably and inside a room kept at a normal ambient temperature.
In other scenarios the difference can vary as much as 3.0°F (1.7°C) as many factors, such as eating or drinking and exercise, as well as environmental influences like rain or direct sunlight have an effect on the measurements. Operating conditions may also affect readings, as the HT20 is the most accurate when used in an environment between 61°F and 95°F and may have a greater error outside of this ambient range.
- Resolution: 0.1°C (0.1°F)
- Operating Range: 0°C to 45°C (32.0°F to 113.0°F)
- Measuring Distance: 5 cm to 15 cm (2.0" to 5.9")
- Emissivity (adjustable): 0.1 to 1.0 (0.95 preset)
- Data Storage: 20 groups of measurements
- Power: Two AAA batteries (included)
- Dimensions: 141.1 x 89.6 x 38.0 mm (5.6" x 3.5" x 1.5")
- Weight: 97 g