Heavy duty stainless steel bird roost inhibitor prongs plus long-life polycarbonate base combine affordability and effectiveness. Transparent, plastic spike are also available. Please contact us for details.
Two-foot strips of bird spikes come pre-assembled. Each strip "locks" with the next for a seamless fit. Strips snap to the inch for precise measurement and no wasted material. Attach with bird spike adhesive, nails, screws, wire or more.
Features and Specifications
- Flexible base mounts flat or on concave or convex curves.
- Easy to install right side up, upside down or on any angle.
- Available in 10', 24', 50' and 100' lengths.
Types of Bird Spikes
At QA Supplies, we offer a range of bird spikes with stainless steel projections of varying sizes:
- Slim: Our slim bird spikes have narrow projections, and they're suitable for ledges less than 2 inches wide.
- Regular: The regular bird spikes have a combination of wide and narrow spike projections. They cover slightly larger ledges at 4.5 inches wide.
- Extra-wide: The extra-wide bird spikes have narrow, wide and extra-wide projections. They're ideal for ledges that are about 7.5 inches wide.
How to Install and Use
Bird spikes can be fitted on curved, flat or irregular surfaces made from various materials, such as metal, canvas, masonry or wood. You can easily install your bird spikes with the following steps:
- Clean and repair the surface where you'll install the spikes.
- Apply the adhesive under the base of the spikes.
- Place the spikes on the ledge, ensuring you cover all possible roosting areas. Be sure to apply some pressure when placing the spikes on the surface.
Frequently Asked Questions
Would you like to know more about bird spikes? Here are a few common questions with answers.
Do Bird Control Spikes Actually Work?
Birds can't get a secure foothold on spikes. As a result, bird spikes are highly effective at preventing them from roosting on ledges.
Are Plastic or Metal Bird Spikes Better?
Both plastic and metal bird spikes have several advantages. Stainless steel bird spikes are less visible and more aesthetically appealing, while plastic bird spikes are more affordable and durable.
What Is an Alternative to Bird Spikes?
Anti-bird wire is a common alternative to bird spikes. However, bird spikes offer a more humane and effective approach. Or you could use a species-specific sonic bird repeller that uses birds' own distress calls to create a "danger zone."
Order Your Bird Spikes Today!
Find what you need to keep birds away from your walls right here. Reach out to us if you have any questions before you purchase your stainless steel bird spikes.
NOTE: All bird control methods prove more effective when different types of bird control products are used in combination.