The New Serrico Beetle Trap uses a combination of pheromone lures and food attractants to monitor cigarette beetles and help with early detection.
The Cigarette or Tobacco Beetle (Lasioderna Serricorne) is one of the most destructive pests of dried and stored tobacco. Packaged and chewing tobaccos, cigars, and cigarettes can have holes eaten through them quickly and these beetles are omnivorous pests of other products, such as stored grains.
These traps are designed to show when adults are prevalent and where they are distributed in the facility. They do not contain insecticides or harmful materials, making them safe for both people and animals. The active ingredients are a synthetic pheromone (SERRICORNIN) and food attractants. The New Serrico traps are sold in boxes of 10 traps and 20 lures.
- Hang on a wall or place traps on the floor and space 15 ft. to 30 ft. apart
- Position traps anywhere that Cigarette Beetles are suspected, such as humidors, storage warehouses, etc.
- Beetles are attracted to the lures and stuck to the glue upon entering the trap
- Keep traps away from manufacturing lines, to avoid attracting adults that could contaminate products
- Traps should also be located more than 30 ft. away from entrances, to avoid attracting adults that are outdoors
- Rigid, Dust-proof design
- Dual lure system (pheromone and food attractant)
- Lures are individually packaged for freshness until ready for use
- Grid provided for easy counting
- Monitoring record provided on each trap
- Sold in boxes of 10 traps and 20 lures (10 pheromone & 10 food attractant)
- Shelf Life is one year after the manufacturing date
- Store at room temperature and avoid direct sunlight
- Do not store in a refrigerator or at temperatures above 40°C (104°F)
- Weight: 0.45 lbs.
- Dimensions: 8.0" x 3.5" x 1.5"
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This order took a while to receive. I use these a lot in warmer months and have been told Sanitrap went out of business. Are these going to be available or not. Thanks Brad