Hydrion Ammonia Test Papers allow you to measure the amount of ammonia in the air.
These strips are designed and calibrated to detect trace amounts of ammonia in environments like poultry houses or animal pens, where waste typically creates ammonia fumes and levels as low as 25 parts per million can be detrimental to the animals. They are also helpful for identifying areas where more ventilation may be needed to remove dangerous ammonia levels in the air.
Hydrion Ammonia Test Paper Features
Hydrion Ammonia Test Paper makes testing for ammonia easy and accurate, using features like:
- Sharp color changes at each whole value
- Each kit contains one roll of paper in a protective plastic dispenser per kit
- A matching color chart to analyze the results
- Range: 0 - 100 ppm
- Scale: 0, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100
- Roll Length: 15 feet
- Each roll is sufficient for 75 - 100 tests
- For a longer shelf life:
- Keep them in a cool, dry place
- Ensure they are stored in their original packaging, which has a protective seal
- Limit exposure to air and humidity
How to Detect & Measure Ammonia in the Air
To use these ammonia test strips:
- Tear a piece of tester paper approximately 1–2 inches long from the dispenser.
- Moisten it with water, then hold it in the air (if an animal pen, hold at the animals' breathing height) for 15 seconds until the color changes.
- Compare the color change to the indicators on the dispenser to determine animal pen ammonia concentrations.
*Numbers indicate concentrations in parts per million.
Benefits of Hydrion Ammonia Test Paper
For quality control or assurance managers who need a testing solution for ammonia, this litmus paper provides a perfect solution. Here are a few benefits to consider:
- Low-cost testers: This kit allows up to 100 tests, enabling operators to prevent animal health problems without incurring high costs.
- Rapid results: With results in 15 seconds, farm operators can identify and deter ammonia problems before they cause damage.
- Portable kit: The kit includes a convenient carrying case and everything managers need for testing in a small package.
Applications of Ammonia Litmus Paper
Within an enclosure, a facilities operator might test the air in several areas inside the pen to detect dead air pockets and areas with improper ventilation where ammonia builds to unsafe levels. This information helps operators plan for more effective cleaning and disinfection, better temperature control and ventilation, and diet management for livestock.
Quality control managers at animal facilities like poultry houses and animal pens must test for ammonia because ammonia can cause respiratory damage in birds and other animals as it builds up in pens and enclosures. As animals inhale this gas, it irritates their breathing passageways and lungs. Ammonia also damages digestion, skin and eyes. Ammonia commonly accumulates in animal housing facilities due to animal waste, which emits the gas.
To learn more about Ammonia Testing applications, visit Everything to Know About Ammonia Testing in Poultry Houses.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Used for research project in various stables/barns. Quick and accurate results.