High-resolution sensor measures extremely low concentrations of ethylene.
Until recently, sensitive ethylene measurements were available only through complex and expensive gas sampling and gas chromatography analysis. The F-900 Portable Ethylene Analyzer is an economical, yet precise, solution to ethylene measurement. The F-900 provides measurements of ethylene in real time. Quality Assurance professionals use the F-900 to collect the data they need to manage ethylene gas accurately and efficiently—in controlled atmosphere facilities, cold storage, and shipping containers.
Using two electrochemical sensors, the F-900 measures ethylene from 0-200 ppm with a lower detection limit of 0.025 parts-per-million (ppm). The patent pending “PolarCept” filter removes polar hydrocarbons from the gas stream to ensure that measurements are not polluted by interfering gases such as ethanol.
The F-900 Research Kit enables the stand-alone unit to take in-situ measurements of ethylene flux from fruits and leaves non-destructively. By using the Injection Port Kit, users can take small-volume, point-in-time measurements of ethylene. Additional sensors for measuring CO2 and O2 can be added to the F-900 for complete ripening gas analysis.
Contact us for information and pricing on the Research Kit, other accessories (like Sampling Chambers, Injection Port Kits) and additional sensors.
- Real-time, continuous monitoring
- Rapid response time
- Functional across broad temperature and humidity range
- Highly sensitive C2H4 sensors with lower detection limit of 0.025 ppm
- Optional CO2 and 02 sensors
- Relative humidity, temperature, and pressure sensors on-board
- Internal data logging and storage (4GB SD card)
- Wi-Fi capabilities
- Direct interface with PC or data logging systems
- Terminal block for controlling ventilation systems