The flagship product of our sister company, Catalytic Generators, the Easy-Ripe® is portable, efficient and easy to use.
The Easy-Ripe® Generator provides consistent, non-pressurized ethylene to achieve uniform ripening and degreening.
How it works:
- Place in the ripening room in a convenient location
- Plug into a properly grounded electrical outlet
- Select conversion rate
- Pour one or two quarts of Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate
- Ethylene production begins in just a few minutes!
Ethylene output is adjustable for multiple room sizes, which means the Easy-Ripe® can adapt to any ethylene PPM requirements. For larger rooms, additional units easily achieve proper ethylene levels.
Ethylene Gas Generator Features
These specifications provide guidance for those needing an ethylene gas generator to decide whether this device suits user needs.
- Voltage: 120 VAC / 1.33 amp / 160 watts / 50–60 hertz.
- Conversion rate: Adjustable ethylene conversion rate ranging from 0.5 to 2 liters per 24 hours.
- Volume: Holds 2 liters of Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate.
- Output: 1 liter of Ethy-Gen® II creates 0.386 m3/ 13.63 ft3 of ethylene.
- Indicators: A green light demonstrates ethylene production, while a red light alerts of any malfunction.
- Dimensions: 12 inches height x 9.25 inches diameter x 9.5 inches width.
- Weight: 11 pounds.
What Is Ethylene Gas Used For?
As a fruit ripening gas, ethylene (C2H4) jump-starts ripening or moves the process along. Ethylene works with climacteric fruits that produce ethylene on their own. When exposed to this gas, fruits produce their own gas and ripen more quickly. Ethylene has several uses for produce:
- Ripening: For climacteric fruits like bananas, avocados, mangos and kiwis, this gas aids ripening.
- Degreening: In certain crops, especially citrus, ethylene does not aid in ripening but does promote degreening, making products more sellable.
- Pre-harvest: Some even use ethylene before harvest to make produce easier to gather.
The most common use for this gas is fruit ripening after harvest, especially for bananas. Quality control managers may set up such devices in a produce storage warehouse to ripen fruit quicker so it can be transported to stores and sold.
Ethylene Generator Benefits
An ethylene ripening device streamlines produce ripening, providing a better experience for production staff and consumers who receive products at peak freshness. Here are a few other benefits this device offers:
- Controlled ripening: By adjusting output, managers can mature fruit more quickly or slowly depending on the product's demand.
- Portable design: A small, light design allows for portability between warehouses or other areas.
- Safe operation: While ethylene gas can be explosive in large amounts, this generator ensures proper levels when used in large enough warehouses.