FT 327 Penetrometer
Our most popular handheld fruit firmness tester.
For Apple, Avocado, Kiwi, Mango, Peach, Pear, Tomato, etc.
Important note: For testing Avocados at harvest, it may be better to use the FT 444. This model goes up to 44 lb / 20 kg and can read the firmness of freshly harvested avocados.
- Rugged construction with a high impact plastic case & lens, aluminum dial, precision steel spring, brass mechanism chassis, stainless steel plunger and accessories
- Automatically freezes the peak firmness reading
- Scales are clearly defined and easy to read
- Plunger tips are marked for depth to create accurate measurements
- Supplied with 8 mm & 11 mm stainless steel plunger tips, splash plate, fruit peeler, manual and carrying case
- Capacity: 28 lb x 0.25 lb (12.7 kg x 100 g)
- Designed for measurements between 3 and 27 pounds / 1.2 and 12.25 kg (for outside of this range, see our other penetrometers below)
- Dimensions: 2 3/8" dial
- Weight: 10 oz
Other Penetrometer Models
While the FT 327 is the most popular fruit tester model sold by QA Supplies, other models are also available for larger or smaller applications. These devices include:
- FT 02 Penetrometer: This device works well for small fruits like cherries, blueberries, strawberries and grapes.
- FT 11 Penetrometer: Use this tester model for soft fruits like citrus, melons and plums to get an accurate measurement.
- FT 444 Penetrometer: This large penetrometer model works well for hard fruits because its dial includes higher hardness measurements.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It is great tool to check Pressure of firmness of any produce. It was a great experience to get it from QA Supplies.
The manufacturer has changed the scale to feature Kg readings above lb readings VS featuring the reverse, in the past. I'll get used to it eventually, but couldn't the old dial be made available to US customers?
For pressuring stone fruit- a penetrometer is a must and we have used the FT-327 to take pressures on thousands of pieces of fruit and they hold up great, plus the price can't be beaten.