The RTR-500GSM is a mobile base station equipped with GSM phone network capabilities to create unprecedented flexibility for monitoring and collecting data from just about anywhere.
Designed for monitoring the real-time conditions of products while in transit or in remote areas, the unit communicates wirelessly with the RTR-500 series loggers and then transmits the data through the GSM cell network. It automatically sends warnings via e-mail or SMS (text message), when a measurement exceeds preset limits, enabling the user to know about important changes in product conditions right away.
The data collector operates using a SIM card from a GSM compatible cell phone company or carrier (AT&T and T-Mobile are the largest GSM companies). As long as you are in range for cell service, simply place this unit in the truck's cab and a remote logger in the trailer and you are ready to monitor temperature and humidity while on the move. The unit will operate with virtually any AT&T cell phone SIM card as long as the account has SMS and data capability. While the unit can operate with a voice account SIM, it only uses the data functions and not voice minutes.
- Allows Real-Time monitoring of goods during transport
- Collects recorded data and/or current readings and "pushes" them to cell phones, PCs and Servers via FTP, SMS or e-mail at set intervals
- Sends warnings via e-mail or SMS
- Operation can be started and stopped via SMS commands
- Local wireless range is 150 meters (500ft) if unobstructed and direct (can be easily expanded with one or more repeaters)
- One unit can handle up to 20 remote units (repeaters and loggers)
- With the GPS receiver option, location information can be attached to the readings
- Alarm LED on the front of the unit and external contact output for sirens or warning lamps
- External input terminal for a motion, light, open/close sensors, etc.
- Can be powered with batteries, an AC adapter or an external source such as a vehicle cigarette lighter
- Includes software for managing, graphing and saving data
- Wireless Range: 150 m (500 ft)
- Wireless Frequency: 902 to 928 MHz
- Environment: 50°F to 131°F (10°C to 55°C) / 20% to 80% RH
- Four AA batteries
- AC adapter (not included)
- External power (DC8 - 34V)
- Dimensions: 3.75" x 2.55" x 1.5"
- Weight: 220 g